Bombay Monsoon

on Saturday, July 07, 2007

When you live in a place as wet as Bombay, you have only two choices – get cranky or find a sense of beauty: love ‘em or hate ‘em, you just can't ignore the Bombay monsoons!

While I had my moment of disappointment with muddy tap water this morning, on my walk from office to train station this evening I was… how do we put it… indulged!

Hence, these two poems:

Rain falls in slo-mo
As hutments, garbage and mills
Whir past in the back-ground
I breathe Mumbai in
And exhale a little bit of myself
A kind lady
Smiles at me in the train
And I smile back
Only in Mumbai…


And here’s the second one:Placing my footsteps in a rainy slush
What a blessing it is
To watch where I’m going
A meditation
Just watching each step
Not worrying about the journey
Aur kya chahiye?

I guess the secret to enjoying where you are and even who you are is releasing the feeling of victimization and holding a sense of adventure. Romance is in the eye of the beholder!