A Heartsong...

on Saturday, February 17, 2007

I wrote this today:

Kuchh sawalon ke jawab, itne asaan nahin hote...
Kaun suljhaye mere dil ki uljhan?
Bhaga jata hai, yun bekhabar, naadan.
Mere geet yun goonjte hain sannate mein,
Mano kahin gane wala hi gum ho gaya hai…

The answer followed:

So many answers I find in you.
More than I need, I am blessed with.
It’s a shower of mercy
And I stand here, drenched.
I am grateful. I am grateful. I am grateful…

Since the indulgence today seems to be poetry, let us also savour one by Rumi:

"By day I praised you and never knew it
By night I stayed with you and never knew it
I always thought that I was me – but no
I was you and never knew it."



Rumi, Rumi, sweet intoxicating Rumi…. Fresh as a dew drop, gentle as moonlight and as timeless as the truth of my soul... Poetry beyond praise - that is Rumi!